This post is brought to you by Eber Legarreta, Marketing Communications Specialist at YesVideo. He takes you step-by-step in the process of creating custom DVDs from the videos you’ve transferred at YesVideo. Once your videos are transferred, they are hosted online for you to share online, access from anywhere using your computer or using the new YesVideo iPhone/iPad app – and even order DVD copies for you to gift to your family. In this post, I will walk you through the steps of ordering DVD copies, and creating custom DVDs from your transferred memories. First, you need to have videos in your YesVideo online account. Don’t have any videos yet? Get started with your order at www.yesvideo.com. Once you have videos in your account, follow these steps to prepare your custom DVDs! Creating Custom DVDs & Ordering DVD Copies on YesVideo’s Online Website 1. Log in to your YesVideo online account. Visit share.yesvideo.com. Click the “Sign In” text below the Sign Up Now button.
When the pop-up appears, enter your account email and password – then click the “Sign In” button. Don’t remember your password? Click the “forgot your password” link on the bottom, or give us a call at 1-866-493-7383 if you’re having difficulties. 2. Once you’re signed in. You should see your transferred video collection. Click “My Projects” on the top to get started on making your DVDs.
3. Select “New Project”, and you’ll be taken to the “Create a custom DVD” window. Follow the steps to create your new DVD. Start by clicking the drop-down menu to select a DVD that contains the footage you want in your DVD.
4. Clicking “Select dvd” will open a list of all the videos on your account. Any video titles in black text can be used in your Custom DVD.
5. In the Cretae a Custom DVD screen, I can create an exact DVD copy, or I can mix clips from my video collection.
To create an exact DVD copy: Select a video and click the “select all” text in item #2. This will instantly fill your timeline with the selected video.
To create a custom DVD with mixed video clips: Select a video from the dropdown list above. Drag the clips you want in custom video into the timeline on item #2. Repeat this process until you have all the clips you want in your new custom video.
Editor Tip: Hover over a clip in the timeline and a gear icon appears. Click the “Edit” option and you’ll be able to trim a clip so you include only your favorite moments. 6. Once you have all the clips you want in your video, preview your DVD, and give it a title under the third item on the screen. 7. You can choose the “Save for Later” option to save your project and complete it another time. Or you can select the “Order DVD” to publish your project into a DVD. 8. When you order your DVD, you are given several additional customization options.
- Number of DVD copies. Specify how many DVD copies you wish to order. Each DVD is $9.99 (plus $5.99 shipping & handling)
- Select a DVD Theme. DVD themes appear on the digital menu screen of your DVD, and on your DVD case. Click here for a closer view of the available DVD themes.
- Select a background music sountrack (optional). Soundtracks play the selected music on your DVD throughout your video instead of the original audio of your video. If you would like the original audio, choose the top left selection “No Music.” Click here to listen to the available background music options.
9. Last step is the checkout screen. Follow the steps to finalize your order, and your custom DVDs will be delivered to you in 7-14 days. Those are the steps you need to take to make your custom DVDs. Get creative! Mix clips from all your videos, create highlight videos of an event, holiday, or member of your family. Have you made a custom DVD on share.yesvideo.com? Tell us how about it below!